RSS

What is this Blog About?

For a while now I have been seeking to extend my responsibilities beyond where it stands - to thank the world that has been exceedingly kind to me over the years, add value to it. It was not easy! After some serious deliberation, I chose a competency that is my livelihood, a vocation I am very passionate about and committed to "interacting with people and leveraging group dynamics for individual and group success".

This blog is the result of that aspiration. I have introduced topics and experiences that contribute to Workplace Readiness and Leadership Development. The content is initially a reflection of my view but is aimed to attract diverse views from visitor to the site. The collective content will value add to the site. Businesses & professionals everywhere deserve this!

Who is Deb Dutta?

What is Workplace Readiness & Leadership Development?

What do I need from my blog visitors & subscribers?

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rising Asian rentals are not all that bad!

Commercial & residential rental spike are affecting business costs and competitiveness within Asian businesses? Is there a way to view this in a positive light?

Rental spikes have caught organizations and operating budgets by surprise especially those who are renewing leases originally set out in the post 9-11 era in a gutted real estate market.
While some regional governments have been kind in providing tax reliefs, organizations will need to go back to time tested business fundamentals to address and prevail in these circumstances. They will need to focus on costs that are within their control & reduce these to counter & soften the impact of rent related cost escalations

On a more optimistic note I see rising rents flagging a robust economy! Overhead costs are up - but so are the opportunities for incremental revenue! Higher expenses can be justified if these expanded expenses generate expanded revenue while keeping the expense to revenue ratio at par with previously prevailing levels. Efficient organizations will take this in as a cost of doing business and get on with accelerating their growth within a buoyant economy.

No comments: