RSS

What is this Blog About?

For a while now I have been seeking to extend my responsibilities beyond where it stands - to thank the world that has been exceedingly kind to me over the years, add value to it. It was not easy! After some serious deliberation, I chose a competency that is my livelihood, a vocation I am very passionate about and committed to "interacting with people and leveraging group dynamics for individual and group success".

This blog is the result of that aspiration. I have introduced topics and experiences that contribute to Workplace Readiness and Leadership Development. The content is initially a reflection of my view but is aimed to attract diverse views from visitor to the site. The collective content will value add to the site. Businesses & professionals everywhere deserve this!

Who is Deb Dutta?

What is Workplace Readiness & Leadership Development?

What do I need from my blog visitors & subscribers?

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Non-cash modes for employee motivation and retention

Experimenting with alternate non-cash modes of employee recognition for motivation and talent retention

At work over these years, I have tried to think beyond financial and productivity metrics when considering compensation changes and employee recognition. While these metrics have been important in maintaining a successful operation, I am very aware of the fact that high-quality, strongly motivated people make or break corporate success. I believe an amicable balance can be achieved through subtle rewards - monetary, such as pay rises, bonuses and one-time cash awards, or otherwise.

Non-monetary rewards can be as impactful if not more if implemented sincerely. Organization leaders have the option of rewarding people through congratulatory notes, mentions at public forums and letting employees sincerely know that their presence and contributions make a difference. I have had no regrets whatsoever in implementing these methods and their impact in creating and maintaining a first-class work force has been very fulfilling for me.

No comments: